Travel to Denver
Denver is a walkable city, but the best way to get around is by car or public transportation. The Regional Transportation District (RTD) offers bus and light rail service throughout the city and surrounding areas.
Denver has a wide range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts. The most popular areas to stay are Downtown Denver, Cherry Creek, and Capitol Hill.
Denver offers many attractions that showcase the city's unique history and natural beauty. Here are some of the top attractions you should consider visiting:
- Rocky Mountain National Park: This national park is located just outside of Denver and offers stunning views of the Rocky Mountains, hiking trails, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Denver Art Museum: This museum houses a collection of more than 70,000 works of art from around the world, including contemporary and classic art.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: This outdoor amphitheater is surrounded by stunning red rock formations and offers concerts and events throughout the year.
- Coors Brewery Tour: This tour takes you through the history and brewing process of the famous Coors beer.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: This botanical garden features a variety of gardens and exhibits, including a Japanese garden and a tropical conservatory.
Denver offers a diverse range of food options, including farm-to-table cuisine, craft beer, and international cuisine. The most popular local foods include green chili, bison burgers, and craft beer.
Denver has a variety of shopping options, from local markets to high-end boutiques. The most popular areas to shop are Cherry Creek North, Larimer Square, and the Denver Pavilions.
Denver has a vibrant nightlife scene, with a variety of bars, clubs, and music venues to choose from. The most popular areas for nightlife are Downtown Denver and the RiNo Arts District, featuring venues such as the Bluebird Theater and the Summit Music Hall.
If you have extra time, consider taking a day trip to nearby destinations such as Boulder, Colorado Springs, or the ski resorts of Breckenridge or Vail. These destinations offer stunning views of the Colorado landscape and unique cultural experiences.